Real Food Everyday with Caralee Caldwell
Our event with Caralee on May 5 booked out in record time - so we are doing a second night!
Caralee is a kiwi, she grew up Whangarei, and spent much of her childhood sailing in the Bay of Islands. A practicing lawyer, she now live on the Gold Coast in Australia with her husband Cameron and three gorgeous kids.
After a lifetime as a serial dieter, she has tried every fad diet imaginable - counted calories, points, bought meals, shakes, pills and worse! Of course, this is not sustainable. She also suffered for her entire life with food intolerance & never gave it a second thought, she just accepted that the symptoms she experienced were part of life. She didn't know any different.
In 2013 she decided that something needed to change, she was sick of constantly battling her weight, dealing with poor gut health and feeling awful all the time. She did a complete shift and cut out all processed food - for good! Through this, she discovered that real food is amazing and that by eating only real food there are so many positive benefits. She has achieved a much happier, healthier lifestyle and is now passionate about inspiring others to find that balance.
She started Real Food Pledge, initially as a blog to keep herself on track, but it grew into something much bigger than she ever expected. Then in 2014 she wrote and published her first book, Real Food Pledge.
Her latest book Real Food Everyday is full of the recipes that her family love to eat. All the recipes are gluten, grain, sugar & dairy free and they are full of nourishing goodness!
As with all our Book & Cook Culinary Workshops a copy of this beautiful 248-page cookbook is included in the ticket price (rrp of the book $39.99). On the night Caralee will share the secrets of successful Real Food cooking and create a selection of her favourite savoury & sweet recipes from the book. A generous tasting portion of each dish will be served.
Caralee believes in eating food that is made by nature rather than food that is made in a factory. She doesn't put a label on her style of eating, it truly is just getting back to the basics with natures best offerings.
Booking Conditions for Scheduled Culinary Workshops:
· All prices include GST.
· All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a place is available.
· Bookings are taken on a first-in, first-served basis. If you have booked, but we have not received your payment, your place is not confirmed.
· In the event that you are unable to attend, you may transfer your booking to another person. Cook the Books must be notified who you are sending in your place, and they must accept our booking terms and conditions.
· Cancellations/no shows will not be refunded, transferred or credited.
· Cook the Books reserves the right to alter or cancel a workshop. In the unlikely event of cancellation, a full refund will be given.
· Please aim to arrive 10 minutes prior to commencement of the workshop. Out of respect to the other participants we aim to start Workshops on time.
· While we will do our best, we cannot accommodate special dietary requirements in all cases. If you are unsure, please ask before booking.
· All food allergies and intolerances must be notified at the time of booking. If you attend a workshop and do not disclose such information, you do so at your own risk
· Cook the Books reserves the right to decline any booking where we believe we are unable to accommodate special dietary requests.
· When you book into a Culinary Workshop you accept and agree to our terms, conditions and booking policy set out above.
· You are responsible for turning up to the class on time and on the day you have booked.
· You will notify us if you wish to transfer your booking to another person.
· We are a business and we make every effort to ensure that this policy is disclosedat the time you book. As such, we won't be able to bend these terms for explanations or excuses for not showing up to an Event or Workshop.
These terms are commonly practiced by other businesses where you are paying for time or professional services. You are paying for our chef’s time and ingredients on the day you book for. This time & these ingredients cannot be used on another day. This is exactly like buying a ticket to a concert - you go at the time you booked for. If you don't - you miss out. It's the same with us.
Our booking policy is very strict and we do not make exceptions to it.
- : Cook the Books
- : Cook the Books
- : RFEVERYDAY
- : events
- : Cook the Books Kitchen
- : 6.30pm